Monday, December 19, 2011

How to unhide files hidden by malware?

My computer had Windows Repair malware and I believe I took the steps to get rid of it. Now most of my computer files in local disk C are hidden. Is there a proper way to make those files not hidden ? Do I just have to go through each file and unhide it? Are certain files supposed to be left hidden? Thanks for any help!|||There's no quick way to unhide files other than by multiple-selection in a Windows Explorer window (and I'm not sure that works, either).





You can view the files with this Windows option:





In Windows XP:





1. In Windows Explorer, click the Tools-%26gt;Folder Options menu item.


2. Click the View tab.


3. If the Show hidden files and folders radio button is not selected, click it.


4. Click OK.





In Windows Vista, possibly Windows 7:





1. In Windows Explorer, click the Organize-%26gt;Folder and Search Options menu item.


2. Continue as in Step 2, above.





Good luck.|||Scroll down to #17 and use this program, it worked for me when I had a virus:


http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-windows-recovery





Here's more info:


http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial62.html

Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment