Friday, December 16, 2011

What's the difference between MALWARE BYTES, MICROSOFT SECIRTY ESSENTIALS? WHAT IS ANTI VIRUS?

I have CCleaner as my registry cleaner but now im lost. I have downloaded malware bytes as well as microsoft security essentials and i do not know what they are, are they anti virus programmes? then what is a firewall ? what do these terms mean and what do i REALLY need on my windows vista to keep it out of harms way!|||CCleaner has nothing to do with virus or malware removal. Neither does a firewall. A firewall blocks outside users from accessing your computer/network. Anti-virus typically scans your computer for viruses, malware, trojans, and sometimes even spyware.





Basically malware and viruses fall into the same category, but cleaning your cache has nothing to do with this and neither do firewalls really. You don't want more than one Anti-virus actively scanning your computer at a time, but malwarebytes does not actively scan, (at least not the free version), so I would keep that.





I also suggest downloading Spybot Search and Destroy. This can help find spyware or other nasties malwarebytes or Security essentials may miss.|||You aren't suppose to have more than one anti-virus software on your computer. They battle each other out. Trying to shut each other down. It usually doesn't work. I can't stand Microsoft Security Essentials. It didn't do crap to my computer. I have never used Malwarebytes before, but I've heard good things about it. I would uninstall Microsoft Security Essentials. I had like 4 different viruses in my computer and Microsoft Security Essentials didn't stop them! I had it cleaned out and was told that Norton 360 is the best anti-virus out there. I believe that now. I've had it on my computer for a couple of months now and my computer is running extremely fast! I would suggest purchasing it. It is $80 for three computers. I don't know how much it costs for just one. I highly recommend it though!





Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment